The answer is yes. You can store Ripple (XRP) on Ledger Nano S without any issues. Last year, after the significant rally on XRP, and due to high demand from customers – Ledger made the big announcement.
On May 2017, Ledger made it clear to their customers the immediate of XRP support on Ledger Nano S units. That means you can store your XRP without any security and protection issues – no need to worry about losing your coins anymore!
Ledger Nano S is known as the most popular crypto asset secure wallet with over 1.3 million units sold worldwide. All you have to do is start using the hardware is to install the XRP app on your Ledger Nanon S. The XRP app is developed and support by the company, so you won’t need to worry about any updates, security, etc.
Before you start
- Please note that an XRP account will cost you 20 XRP. These 20 XRP will remain locked as enforced by the XRP protocol. Therefore, simply send a minimum of 20 XRP to open an account, and you’re ready to go!
- Make sure you update to the latest firmware on your Ledger device
Install the XRP app on Ledger Nano S
- Open the Manager in Ledger Live (Download and install the application on your PC here)
- Connect and unlock the device
- Find XRP in the application catalog
- Click the install button
An installation window will appear, and your device should display “Processing” If so, then the application installation is confirmed, and you are ready to go!